Winston Salem Foundation Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Winston - Salem Foundation
The Foundation was established in 1919 with a donation of $1,000. We were the first foundation of any type to be established in North Carolina, and we’re the 16th oldest community foundation in the United States. For over a hundred years, thousands of individuals and organizations have partnered with us to improve the quality of life in Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, and beyond.
SUPPORTING BRIGHT FUTURES
Since 1923, people from around our community have joined together to ensure that more local students have the resources to be all that they dream they can be.
We hold more than 140 scholarship funds that supported 738 scholarship awards to 646 students from Forsyth, Davidson, Davie, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes, and Yadkin Counties with $1.7 million this school year.
Scholarships are available in a wide range of areas—no matter your GPA, your high school, or the college you plan to attend, we likely have an opportunity for which you’re eligible to apply.
WSF APPLICATION PROCESS
Most of our scholarships are accessed through our online One-Stop Scholarship Application. This means you will be automatically considered for all the scholarships for which you are eligible—with just one application. You’ll need to complete the application in full and provide supplemental materials. We’ll take it from there!
Here’s how the process works:
- For U.S. citizens, first complete the FAFSA form at fafsa.gov. (For non-citizens, enter WSF portal after January 1 and follow instructions.)
- Access our One-Stop Scholarship Application. You'll create an online account you can access at any time—so you can save your work and return to it later.
- Complete the General Application, as well as any other recommended opportunities you are prompted to complete. Be sure to meet the firm deadlines listed above.
- Additional items you’ll need to have on hand to complete your application:
- Student Aid Report (SAR) after completing the FAFSA form
- High school transcript through December of your senior year and any college transcripts
- Contact information for someone to provide a recommendation on your behalf
5. Students are notified of awards for merit-based scholarships in May and for need-based scholarships in July.Go to Scholarship Application