NC Education Lottery Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by College Foundation of North Carolina
The North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship (ELS) was created by the 2005 General Assembly to provide financial assistance to needy North Carolina residents attending eligible colleges and universities located within the state of North Carolina.
- Be a North Carolina resident student for tuition purposes
- Enroll for at least six credit hours per semester in a curriculum program
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements of the institution
- Be admitted, enrolled and classified as an undergraduate student in matriculated status in a degree, certificate or diploma program at an eligible North Carolina institution (UNC campuses and North Carolina Community College campuses)
- Meet requirements for the Federal Pell Grant (except the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) range used for Federal Pell Grant awards)
Consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is filed. The FAFSA opens on October 1. Applicants should meet priority deadlines established by their institution. Late applicants may be denied if insufficient funds are available.
Eligibility is based on a calculation of need, using data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).Go to Scholarship Application