If Not You, Who? North Carolina Award
Scholarship Sponsored by Forsyth County Young Leaders Program
The If Not You, Who? Awards are designed to recognize and reward the great steps high school students are taking to fight for the needs of the people in Forsyth County, NC. By submitting an application, you agree that what you submit will be deemed non-confidential and you grant Forsyth County Young Leaders Program the right to use, copy, modify, edit, publish, transmit, and display your submission via any media, and that Forsyth County Young Leaders Program will be free to use your name and other identifying information, unless you specifically request in writing that we not do so.
The Award Application period closes on March 1, 2020. Winners will be notified in April 2020, and a list of the winners will be posted on www.fcyoungleaders.org in May 2020. Only winners will be notified.
1. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational high school institution in Forsyth County, NC on March 1, 2020.
2. All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to Forsyth County, NC by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting a social cause in Forsyth County, NC within the last 12 months.
3. Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
4. If the applicant is selected as a potential If Not You, Who? Award recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
5. A recommendation from someone who knows the applicant and her/his work in the community is required to be received by March 1, 2020 and submitted directly by the recommender via email at email@example.com to Treasurer Sarina Horner's attention.
Applicants and Recommenders must supply a valid e-mail address. Correspondence throughout the entire application process will be by e-mail only.
The Award Application form (below) must be complete. Please print a hard copy of your application form to retain for your records (do not send a printed copy of the Award Application). Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered.
The Recommendation Form (below) must be emailed directly by the recommender by March 1, 2020 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to Treasurer Sarina Horner's attention..
Each student selected as an If Not You, Who? Award recipient will have a $250 grant made in her or his name to a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity whose mission is to help resolve any social issue in Forsyth County, NC.