Sunshine Opportunity Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Godbold Foundation
The Sunshine Opportunity Scholarships are worth up to $25,000 over four years of in-state undergraduate study at public universities in Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. Up to 10 scholarships are awarded annually.
The scholarships are intended to help high-achieving students with financial need. Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, must have overcome significant obstacles in life and must attend public or private high schools in specific geographic areas of Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina: the counties of Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco in the Tampa Bay area of Florida; the cities of Florence and Marion in South Carolina, and the county of Avery in North Carolina.
To maintain the scholarship, undergraduates must be enrolled full-time and remain in good academic standing.
- You must be a current high school senior.
- You must live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida (Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough counties only) or Marion or Florence, SC, or Avery County, NC.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You must have overcome significant obstacles in life.
- You must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You must aspire to attend a PUBLIC university as an in-state resident in Florida, South Carolina or North Carolina, depending on your residency. This scholarship does not help with the costs of attendance for an out-of-state school.
- You must have financial need, indicated through the FAFSA application.